WHO WE ARE:
Our congregation was founded in 1863. God provided the means for Leighton Church to become an independent, non-denominational congregation. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and finial source of all that we believe.
Called by God to be a pastor. Have a pastor’s heart. Teach and challenge the congregation to grow spiritually. Be able to preach the salvation message. Assist the Board of Elders in all areas of ministry. Assist in coordinating outreach events to a multi-generational congregation and community. Lead and oversee outreach ministries and groups in the church. Help coordinate evangelism and service projects in the community to get people to feel comfortable to attend church. Live according to the Leighton Church Statement of Faith (see www.leightonchurch.org/about)
- Prepare and deliver biblically based sermons and teachings that edify and challenge the congregation
- Shepherd the congregation, provide spiritual leadership and pastoral care, demonstrate warmth, openness and sensitivity to the needs of the church body
- Support and uphold the Leighton Church Statement of Faith in all aspects of ministry and life
- Preach the salvation message that resonates with individuals of all ages and backgrounds, helping them find and deepen their faith in Christ
- Help coordinate and facilitate church outreach opportunities
- Work with the Board of Elders by sharing visions and plans for the church to show spiritual growth and membership growth
- Attend church board meetings and team meetings
- Visit and comfort the sick, shut-in, and bereaved
- Conduct funerals, wedding ceremonies and baptisms
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the Leighton Church Bylaws
- Be a born again, baptized believer in Jesus Christ.
- Have a clear calling to pastoral ministry with a deep commitment to serving the spiritual needs of the congregation
- Be spiritually mature and personally committed to Bible study and prayer
- Ability to relate well to people of all ages
- Self-motivated leader possessing organizational, administration and relational skills to serve congregants
- Have effective communication skills, being diplomatic in conflict resolution, able to maintain strict confidentiality and have a strong work ethic
- Have a seminary degree from an accredited seminary or working towards a degree in progress
- Two years minimum of ministry experience preferred
- Experience working well with others on a staff or ministry team
Medical Benefits, Paid Time Off, Retirement Benefits, Parsonage Onsite
If you feel called to fulfill this role and meet the qualifications listed, please complete the application below and attach your resume and cover letter detailing your spiritual journey and vision for ministry and any relevant reference. Feel free to include any links to recorded sermons or messages if available.
Leighton Church is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We look forward to hearing from you as you consider joining our ministry team in spreading the Gospel and building a vibrant church community.