At Leighton, we believe that children are a gift from God.
We also believe that children should feel safe and protected while they are at church. That is why each person who is involved in Children’s Ministry attends a child protection class and undergoes a thorough background check. Children are an important part of our church family. Check out the ministries offered just for kids!
Nursery services are available during the worship service for infant and children up to the age of 4 and during Sunday School for infants and toddlers up to age 2. For the health and safety of the nursery staff and for the children in the nursery the following protocols have been put into place:
- Nursery staff will wear a mask at all times.
- All surfaces in the nursery will be sanitized before children enter the nursery.
- Temperature checks will be conducted on nursery staff and children entering the nursery.
- Diaper bags may not be left in the nursery. Diapers and wipes are available in the nursery. If your child/children have allergies or skin sensitivities that require special diapers and wipes to be used, a baggie will be provided for those items to be left in the nursery for your child’s use.
- Parents will be asked screening questions pertaining to their child’s health.
- Children’s hands will be wiped with a baby wipe before entering the nursery and frequently during their time in the nursery.
- All toys will be sanitized each week.
Children’s Church is not being held at this time due to the Coronavirus. As children’s ministries are opening up, reopening Children’s Church will be re-evaluated.
Sunday School classes are available for all ages; for kids from age 2 on up through high school. Kids and teens dig into their Bibles each week to discover God’s love for them and the importance of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through stories, real-life applications, Scripture memorization, and activities.
To keep teachers, leaders, and students safe, the following protocols have been put into practice:
- Temperature checks will be conducted on all teachers, leaders, and students.
- All teachers and leaders will wear a mask at all times.
- Students are not required to wear a mask, but they may do so if they prefer.
- Parents will sign their child in and answer health screening questions at the check-in stations located at each hallway entry to limit the number of people in the hallways.
- Teachers and leaders will escort younger children to/from the hallway entrances to/from their classrooms.
- Students will use hand sanitizer upon entering the classroom.
- All classrooms will be sanitized before and after class.
- Each child will have their own supply pack (pencils, crayons, Bible if they don’t have their own)
Wednesday nights from 6:00-7:00 p.m. from October 7th thru March kids age 3 through 5th Grade are invited to Kids Worship. If your child enjoys Vacation Bible School, then they’ll love Kids Worship! Kids will rotate between games, crafts, Bible teaching, snacks and music as they learn about God; His character and His love for everyone detailed through the events of the book of Genesis. There’s no cost to participate!
Click here for a registration form for the 2020-2021 season.