We’re Opening Our Doors on Sunday, June 7th at 9:30 a.m.
We are resuming Sunday morning worship on the 7th of June at 9:30 a.m. in the Sanctuary. We will have been closed for one entire quarter of the year and are excited to be back together again. However, we recognize that the virus is still out there and there is some risk to consider while gathering as a congregation. We want everyone to be as safe and comfortable as possible. Each one of us must evaluate our level of risk and decide if we should attend the service or not. Each one of us must also consider the well-being and health of those around us when making our decision. Our YouTube service will still be available if you can’t attend the service in person. We would love to see everyone, but we certainly honor and respect each individual’s choice.
For those who are able to attend, here are some points of information you need to know.
- The building has been thoroughly cleaned in preparation for this service. Hand sanitizer will be available in the Lobby.
- Only the main doors, the lobby, the Sanctuary and the lobby restrooms will be open.
- We will observe social distancing. Members of the same household can sit together. Every other pew will be blocked off so we can stay six feet apart. At the conclusion of the service, dismissal will be done by rows starting with the back pews.
- We will limit restroom use to one person or family at a time. “In Use” and “Not In Use” signs have been installed on the doors. Sanitizing wipes will be available in each restroom. Parents should accompany children to the restroom.
- Masks are strongly recommended and a limited number are available in the lobby if you do not have one of your own.
- Greeters will handle the doors and take attendance.
- Offering plates will be on the table in the lobby.
- There will be no nursery, Sunday School, or children’s activity bags available at this time.
- We will not be gathering in the lobby for coffee and cookies, but fellowship in the parking lot, where social distancing is possible, is encouraged.
- Singing will be limited because of the use of masks and the spread of contagions.
- If you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19 or are in a very high-risk category, would you please consider staying home and watching the YouTube service? We certainly do not want to put anyone at undue risk.
- This will be our procedure and these will be our precautions for the month of June. We will re-evaluate the situation in July.
- All other meetings and activities are still canceled for the month of June.
We certainly hope this information will be helpful and not overwhelming to you. We all wish things could go back to the way they were. Maybe someday they will, but that apparently will take some time. Much effort and prayer have surrounded this decision to open the church doors and all the precautions that follow. It is our desire to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
With love and joy, we look forward to seeing as many of you as we can, soon. Thank you for your support, your patience, and your cooperation during this unprecedented time.